Mary Immaculate, a dynamic and caring community committed to enacting our faith; inspiring, challenging and engaging lifelong learners.
(excellence, integrity, inclusiveness, respect)
Mary Immaculate Primary School is a Catholic Primary School situated on Rockbeare Grove, Ivanhoe, close to the Mary Immaculate Parish Church. Housed within the main school building are a variety of engaging spaces that promote student learning. These include:
- seven classrooms, equipped with interactive whiteboards, wireless internet and network connection
- senior learning area consisting of two classrooms and shared area including a kitchen
- meeting rooms
- a state of the art library
- an Art and Italian classroom
- Wellbeing and Specialist Teacher offices
- teacher resource room
- the Learning and Community Centre, which hosts a range of activities such as Performing Arts, Physical Education, school assemblies, class performances, parent information evenings, Catholic Parish of Ivanhoe Schools staff meetings and community events
Our Junior and Senior students have separate outside playing areas, both equipped with adventure playgrounds and quiet areas to suit the needs of all students. The Junior and Senior playgrounds are joined by an amphitheatre that provides a great meeting place and sitting area.
At Mary Immaculate School, water tanks collect the runoff water which is used to flush the student toilets and to maintain our Sustainability Gardens including the ‘Frog Bog’ and our class planting boxes, demonstrating our commitment to sustainable education.